[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Central Home Page .. finally

Surya Kasturi suryak@ieee....
Sat Feb 16 23:03:50 CST 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>wrote:

>> I suspect that that was registered before we decided on the final name of
>> the site.
>>

>>> may be, can't we make the "scipycentral.org" as main domain.. rather
>>> than "scipy-central".. why hyphen?..If its not that readable..
>>>

>> Either one works for me.
>>

>>> why not "scipy.org/central" ?? This looks interesting
>>>

>> That's also fine. We don't have to worry about any domain names under
>> scipy.org at least (besides the current cleanup in preparation of moving
>> scipy.org to a Sphinx-based site).
>>
>> Ralf
>>

> Hi.. take a look at new design
> http://ksurya.github.com/scipy-central-design/home.html
> (I removed the traditional scipy blue)!!

Does it look any modern? Actually, my background is more inclined towards
Python.. Joined to write some python.. but somehow, I scipycentral found
intetesting (may be because, there is a lot to do on it -- and I could do
it from scratch).

So, I am even interested in writing some Python.. (if there is anything
specific I can try.. small initially..).