[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Central Home Page .. finally

Surya Kasturi suryak@ieee....
Sun Feb 17 07:58:44 CST 2013


On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:
> >> > Does it look any modern? Actually, my background is more inclined
> >> > towards
> >> > Python.. Joined to write some python.. but somehow, I scipycentral
> found
> >> > intetesting (may be because, there is a lot to do on it -- and I could
> >> > do it
> >> > from scratch).
>
> scipy.signal is waiting for improvements, but I and, I think, we all
> appreciate the improvements to scipy-central.
>
> >>
> >>
> >> Minor suggestion: use sans serif fonts.  Those small serif ones really
> >> don't work very well in normal screen resolutions...
> >>
> >> Cheers, and thanks for working on this!
> >>
> >
> > Please take a look into another page:
> > http://ksurya.github.com/scipy-central-design/snippet.html
> > previous was home page.. this is how a snippet page might look like..
> > (Note: the syntax highlighting was done using pygments.. I just used
> <pre>
> > here.. don't worry abt that one.)
>
> I like the design, it's *much* better than the blue.
>
> thanks!

> two minor points
> is it possible to use a darker blue for the links (especially the side
> bar)?
>
> Of course. what you see there is default settings.. However, bootstrap
default settings are quite stable and decent to use.

> in the matlab fileexchange I usually check the date for created and
> updated. time stamp of first version, time stamp of this version.   I
> don't know if that's easy to get here.
>
> I guess we can do it..(what's there on the current site can be neatly
presented .. as for now)

>
> What we haven't discussed yet in this thread is a commenting system.
> IIRC, last time we discussed this, the general opinion was that this
> would be useful to have, but noone worked on it.
>
> Exactly! You really got the right point. Scipy Central doesn't have
commenting system. However, my initial target is to "change" the
"design".Later, the server side improvements.

I initially wanted to add open-id functionality to the site.. So, I tried
to setup the website to run locally but I ran into too many toubles
configuring it.. I think some areas of the website are too system/
package-version dependent. So, configuring the system was horribile for me.
Thought to put the task aside for a while.. and pick the "design" as there
was a lot to do (in fact, I am just a novice in design part.. thought to
improve skills too) what do you say?..

Also, reading others code isn't part of my 1st task (which is very hard -
at least for me) as I just got to develope things from scratch!!

> Josef
>
> >
> >>
> >> f
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> SciPy-Dev mailing list
> >> SciPy-Dev@scipy.org
> >> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-dev
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > SciPy-Dev mailing list
> > SciPy-Dev@scipy.org
> > http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-dev
> >
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-Dev mailing list
> SciPy-Dev@scipy.org
> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-dev
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/attachments/20130217/1460954d/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the SciPy-Dev mailing list