[SciPy-Dev] Splines

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Thu Feb 21 03:54:51 CST 2013

I'm not an expert on spline implementation in general, but for statistical
regression applications, we need to be able to evaluate the individual
functions in an arbitrary spline basis at irregular x points, which is not
well supported by the current API. (splev only computes linear combinations
of the full basis set, so to get individual basis functions we have to do
multiple evaluations with linear combinations like [0, 0, 1].) So keeping
this use case in mind would be nice :-).

-n