[SciPy-Dev] Like to contribute to Scipy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Sun Feb 24 14:41:59 CST 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM, anand parthasarathy <anandps20@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to start contribute to Scipy - signal processing module. I
> have been using MATLAB for a very long time, to the extend that i have
> implemented many signal processing algorithms targeting the applications in
> the field of Communications & wireless PHY Layer .
>
>  I am currently a Research Intern at Centre of Excellence in Wireless
> Technology (CEWiT), India. I am so much fascinated by Scipy and though i am
> new to python, i started love to code in python environment.
>
> Since this field is like a ocean , i would like to get suggestions from
> you guys on this like where to start , and after decided with a specific
> part to work on , i will start and contribute many things to Scipy to the
> extend that i can.

Hi Anand, welcome! The signal module certainly could use your
contributions.

The same question you're asking was asked about a month ago by someone
else, please have a look at this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/17173 . It
contains a few ideas and pointers for getting started. If you have ideas
for new algorithms/functionality to contribute, I recommend that you first
discuss them on this mailing list to make sure the code you write will be a
good fit for scipy.

If you have more specific questions later, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Ralf