[SciPy-Dev] Like to contribute to Scipy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Thu Feb 28 14:27:37 CST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM, anand parthasarathy <anandps20@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi ralf,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I am thinking of making the Scipy.signal module
> to have the functions for communication, like communication toolbox in
> matlab. We could join and can effectively launch packages including
> features like Error correction mechanisms, channel functions etc. will this
> be useful ?

Hi Anand, to be honest I think those features are too specialized for
Scipy. I don't know of any Python packages with that type of functionality
(but I haven't searched and I'm not an expert). Maybe someone else has a
good suggestion. You could consider starting a new scikit if you plan on
implementing enough functionality to justify that.

Cheers,
Ralf