[SciPy-Dev] Electronics student with programming background - Like to participate in SciPy - Write some code and learn!

Surya Kasturi suryak@ieee....
Mon Jan 21 12:05:25 CST 2013

Hi,

I am Surya, studying Junior Year - Electronics & Communication Engineering
with Computer Science/ Programming background. I have looked into SciPy and
its really amazing!

In this regard, I would like to explore the possibility of contributing to
this project by writing code and simultaneously learn the real engineering
stuff. My skills lie in Python, Django, C - and little Facebook API, Cloud
platforms (Openshift), Git.

Also, I wrote some fun-stuff projects during week ends which you might like
to take a look.

1. Https://apps.facebook.com/pingmee -- Lets people ping their friends
using cartoons (Python, Django -- PIL)
2. Https://apps.facebook.com/suryaphotography -- social reader framework
for my photography blog; Not yet finished (Python, Django -- Google Feed
API) - Got to finish if time permits
3. Https://github.com/ksurya -- Github handle

So, I am ready to take up any work and get along with it that involves
Python!

Regarding my scientific skills, I studied Engineering Mathematics, Digital
Signal Processing (now studying), Signals & Systems etc. [ More on signals ]

Thanks for reading! waiting for your reply

-- Surya