[SciPy-Dev] Electronics student with programming background - Like to participate in SciPy - Write some code and learn!

Paul Hobson pmhobson@gmail....
Tue Jan 22 19:16:10 CST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:35 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am Surya, studying Junior Year - Electronics & Communication
>> Engineering with Computer Science/ Programming background. I have looked
>> into SciPy and its really amazing!
>>
>> In this regard, I would like to explore the possibility of contributing
>> to this project by writing code and simultaneously learn the real
>> engineering stuff. My skills lie in Python, Django, C - and little Facebook
>> API, Cloud platforms (Openshift), Git.
>>
>> Also, I wrote some fun-stuff projects during week ends which you might
>> like to take a look.
>>
>> 1. Https://apps.facebook.com/pingmee -- Lets people ping their friends
>> using cartoons (Python, Django -- PIL)
>> 2. Https://apps.facebook.com/suryaphotography -- social reader framework
>> for my photography blog; Not yet finished (Python, Django -- Google Feed
>> API) - Got to finish if time permits
>> 3. Https://github.com/ksurya -- Github handle
>>
>> So, I am ready to take up any work and get along with it that involves
>> Python!
>>
>> Regarding my scientific skills, I studied Engineering Mathematics,
>> Digital Signal Processing (now studying), Signals & Systems etc. [ More on
>> signals ]
>>

>> Thanks for reading! waiting for your reply
>>
>> -- Surya
>>

> Guys can anyone let me know about this above message.. please

The source repository for scipy is hosted on github,
https://github.com/scipy/scipy

Most contributions come in the form of Pull Requests (PR) on github. So all
you need to do is fork the repository, write some code, write some tests
that verify your code behaves as desired, and submit a PR.

Hope that helps,
-p