[SciPy-Dev] weave for Python3.3 ?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Jan 24 08:57:39 CST 2013

Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker <at> web.de> writes:
[clip]
> In complete ignorance of how much work it would be to get
> weave to python3.3, I can only add an end-users perspective:
> we have a lot of code for our research projects which uses weave.
> Only few people in our group started using cython recently,
> so I don't see that we will move the well-used and tested
> code over to cython in the near future....

The main stumbling block in porting weave is the way Python I/O
was changed in Python 3, i.e., no FILE* pointers any more.
Also, unicode conversion maybe causes some issues.

So, the data type conversions are not completely straightforward
to port. Porting it is certainly possible, but requires more work
than other parts of Numpy and Scipy, so I dropped it at the time.

--
Pauli Virtanen