[SciPy-Dev] The New Scipy Central Home page

Andreas Hilboll lists@hilboll...
Wed Jan 30 09:39:49 CST 2013

Am 30.01.2013 15:48, schrieb Surya Kasturi:
> Hey,
>
> As discussed before, I want to start my first contribution to SciPy by
> make Scipy Central new design.
>
> So, my idea is to make the site look "clean and simple".
>
> However, lots of things needed to be done, I just want to share this
> small piece.
>
> http://ksurya.github.com/scipycentral/
>
> The whole point of sharing at this early is that I need some suggestions
> regarding some major design-changes in the code.
>
> 1. Remove "Tag cloud" from its current position and place on the
> background of "Heading: Scipy Central"
>
> 2. Submit Code, Submit Lib files, Submit Link.. part, I don't want to
> comment on it now. May be we don't need to change but can change some
> design! However, we can as well put them on on nav-bar
>
> Fundamentally, I want to hear some suggestions regarding these things..
>
> Hope you like the page. Also, What about the "color". Is black okay? How
> about regular "scipy blue"? Not sure? Need some suggestion on it?

Hi Surya,

there was a logo designed and discussed at some point, it's here:

   https://github.com/tonysyu/SciPy-Central-Logo

I personally like the "scipy blue". It's more friendly than black.

Cheers, Andreas.