[SciPy-Dev] 2D histogram: request for plotting variable bin size

Frank Breitling fbreitling@aip...
Thu Jan 31 09:00:12 CST 2013

Hi Skipper,

I would like to use Python for plotting dynamic radio spectra e.g. as
found at

http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/1998/12/20/ast22dec98_1_resources/leonid_dynspectrum.jpg

(Image is also attached).
Given the high resolution in time and frequency I believe broken_barh is
not suited.

But thanks for your suggestion

Frank