[SciPy-Dev] subclassing scipy.stats distributions - request for feedback

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Wed Jul 10 16:13:43 CDT 2013

Hi all,

We're very close to merging https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/2588, which
is a nice enhancement by Evgeni Burovski that allows specifying shape
parameters as keyword arguments for all distribution methods. With this
kind of change it's hard to verify that we're not breaking any non-standard
subclasses that people have written. Therefore I have the following
requests:

1. please test your code with that PR
2. please provide code samples or descriptions of the way you subclass
distributions (if different from what's done in scipy itself), to be used
to augment the test suite and documentation.

Thanks,
Ralf