[SciPy-Dev] using sqlite for storing submissions

Surya Kasturi suryak@ieee....
Mon Jul 15 11:06:00 CDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> wrote:

> On 15.07.2013 17:39, Surya Kasturi wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > [idea]
> >
> > Right now we are using Hg for storing submissions inside static root..Is
> > not totally good on a cloud platform with limited resources..its not
> > fast too (takes lot of server load)
> >
> > I rather would like to use SQLite separately for storing submissions (I
> > agree that using Postgre SQL for it is expensive on cloud)..
> >
> > What do you guys say?
> >

> > we dont have to provide all revisions as a Hg repo when downloading..
> > people can employ some tools to compare if they want...
>
> I disagree. Using SQLite in a production server environment causes
> nothing but pain (at least to my experience). I would assume using some
> DVCS for storing revisions should be the most natural way to do so, and
> I would hope that there's some webapp libraries availble to show diff's
> etc, though I don't have any direct experience with this.

Showing diff is one idea I had too but we can figure out something within
database too (I guess... dont know for sure).
If we are not a busy site.. with very huge traffic and only using SQLite
partly, it should work nicely

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/913067/sqlite-as-a-production-database-for-a-low-traffic-site