[SciPy-Dev] ipython notebook integration

Surya Kasturi suryak@ieee....
Mon Jul 29 16:27:48 CDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER <
bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 29 juil. 2013 à 22:57, Ralf Gommers a écrit :
>

> > On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Regarding ipython notebook integration in scipy central
> >
> > 1. should we upload ipynb files or provide an editor (or Text Area)?
> which one would be nice?
> >
> > Uploading ipynb files and providing a link to view them via
> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/ would be a good solution. An editor would be
> a lot of work that's outside the scope of the site I'd think.
>
> We will support custom css on nbviewer if it interests you. We can also
> discuss at something like api.nbviewer.ipython.org if

you like to embed the html, or have more parametrized requests / custom
> things.

This sounds quite interesting! but have to see if we require it considering
that we are not doing anything more than storing URLs of nbviewer pages

> Agree that text editor is too much.
>
> As for uploading, would there be a record of different versions ?

Well, we are using Hg for storing other data! hope we can use it for ipynb
files too!