[SciPy-Dev] git question: fetch a PR without merging into master

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser@gmail....
Fri Mar 1 15:21:59 CST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Jacob Vanderplas
<jakevdp@cs.washington.edu>wrote:

> Hi Warren,
> github offers a little-known cheat sheet on this: go to the bottom of the
> PR page, and click the little "i" icon next to the "This pull request can
> be automatically merged"  This shows the commands to create a local branch
> on your machine and pull down changes associated with the pull request.
>   Jake

Thanks Jake.  I use those hints a lot, but when the PR can not be merged
automatically,  the 'git pull' command suggested there results in a merge
with master, and that will result in conflicts that have to be resolved.

Warren