[SciPy-Dev] Splines

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Mar 12 14:55:15 CDT 2013

12.03.2013 20:59, denis kirjoitti:
[clip]
> - splines above 3d:
> I agree with Pauli that map_coordinates has a clunky calling sequence,
> but it's fast, clean, any-d, works with most numpy scalar types.

However, map_coordinates is only for splines on uniform set of knots,
you can't evaluate it on a grid efficiently, etc.

> Is it clear how to handle any-d indices in numpy - cython - C ?
> Seems to me fundamental
> (https://github.com/ContinuumIO/dynd-python is active).

I don't think there's yet a definite plan how to do this.

Considering evaluation of B-splines as equivalent to the operation

    (c * B(t, x)).sum(axis=axis)

with usual Numpy broadcasting and vectorization rules would
probably be a swiss-knife solution.

--
Pauli Virtanen