[SciPy-Dev] scipycentral design complete -- need help in versioning

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Sat Mar 23 07:12:33 CDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:

> Hi. guys, the design part of the website is finally done. you can view the
> changes, run locally in your systems by downloading spc at
> https://github.com/ksurya/SciPyCentral
>
> However, i need to update the software version in code before sending pull
> request.
>
> can anyone suggest on it?
>
> current version is 0.20

Hi Surya, I think the version numbering shouldn't be critical, because it's
for a website and not for a library that others will build on. For the
deployed version using the last commit ID would be enough. If there's a
version number that says 0.20 now, you could change it to 0.30.

> New updates :
>
> 1. new design from scratch
> 2. fixed 1 bug
> 3. identified it (status: low)

Sounds good. Looking at your design-1.0 branch, I noticed that there aren't
any meaningful commit messages. It would be good to edit those, then send a
PR.

Cheers,
Ralf