[SciPy-Dev] scipycentral design complete -- need help in versioning

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Mar 24 09:16:03 CDT 2013

Hi Surya & Ralf,

24.03.2013 15:24, Surya Kasturi kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I didn't knew these standards earlier. Oops. anyways, can you please
> tell me how to "edit" commit messages in Git?

I don't think we should spend time on fixing the commit messages before
merging. I think we can merge your design-1.0 branch as-is, to keep the
ball rolling (the design looks good to me and seems to work).

For the future, you can edit your previous commits by using Git's
interactive rebasing:

	https://help.github.com/articles/interactive-rebase

This is also useful for collapsing several commits into one (e.g. you
make a mistake and fix it in a new commit, and want to include the fix
in the first commit) and reordering them. I use this basically all the time.

Before using rebase, it's a good idea to know the `git reflog show
BRANCHNAME' command, that together with `git reset --hard` allows you to
undo whatever git operations you did.

    ***

Some further suggestions on the design:

- Add a top-bar for navigating between scipy.org, numpy.scipy.org,
  docs.scipy.org and scipy-central.org

- Maybe there's room for the scipy-central logo?

--
Pauli Virtanen