[SciPy-Dev] Lomb-Scargle Periodogram: Press & Rybicki Algorithm

Christian Geier geier@lostpackets...
Wed Mar 27 07:27:27 CDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 09:35:33PM +0100, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> A pure translation of the Fortran code in that paper is not OK to
> distribute under a BSD license. You'd have to get permission from the
> publisher probably. Reimplementing based on the equations in the paper
> would be OK though.
>
> Ralf

As the second option is not possible ("There are several other tricks
involved in implementing this algorithm efficiently. Rather than try to
describe these in words, we direct attention to the commented program
implementation […]"), I will try to get a permission from the
publisher/authors.

Regards,
 Christian