[SciPy-Dev] Fwd: [Numpy-discussion] ANN: 1.8.0b2 release.

Daπid davidmenhur@gmail....
Sun Sep 8 15:42:02 CDT 2013

On 8 September 2013 21:14, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com>wrote:

> It would be good if folks running OS X could try out this release and
> report any issues on the numpy-dev mailing list. Unfortunately the files
> still need to be installed from source as dmg files are not avalable at
> this time.

Hi,

I have tried on a intel Mac with Python2.7 and gcc installed with Macports
and it builds fine. The FORTRAN compiler is gfortran. There are a bunch of
compiling warnings and errors* (attachment log27.log), but it works fine.
Running the tests it gets printed:

.......Parameter 4 to routine DGETRF was incorrect.......

but all of them pass.

I did not specify which BLAS to use, and it choose Accelerate, but ATLAS is
also installed.

>>> numpy.show_config()
atlas_threads_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE
blas_opt_info:
    extra_link_args = ['-Wl,-framework', '-Wl,Accelerate']
    extra_compile_args = ['-msse3',
'-I/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers']
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 3)]
atlas_blas_threads_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE
openblas_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE
lapack_opt_info:
    extra_link_args = ['-Wl,-framework', '-Wl,Accelerate']
    extra_compile_args = ['-msse3']
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 3)]

Running SciPy (from Macports) test does raise two errors and a bunch of
Deprecation warnings. See attachment scipy.log. The first two warnings were
present before upgrading NumPy, but not the rest.

Let me know if you need me to run it again, or change the configuration in
any way.

Regards,

David.

-------
* Errors such as:
  _configtest.c:1:20: error: endian.h: No such file or directory
  _configtest.c:5: error: size of array ‘test_array’ is negative
  _configtest.c:7: error: ‘Py_UNICODE_WIDE’ undeclared (first use in this
function)