[SciPy-Dev] welcome Evgeni Burovski to the scipy team

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Sep 18 17:13:55 CDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome and keep up the good work !
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Warren Weckesser
> <warren.weckesser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> On behalf of the scipy developers I'd like to welcome Evgeni Burovski as
>>> a member of the core dev team. Evgeni has (among other things) spent a lot
>>> of effort over the last months on making the statistical distributions more
>>> user-friendly and accurate:
>>> http://www.ohloh.net/p/scipy/contributors/21026013018665. I'm sure more good
>>> stuff will follow:)

Welcome Evgeni,

I'm very glad we have Eveni working on scipy.

Besides interface, numerical and other improvements, Evgeni extended
the test suite to entropy and moments, and fixed the bugs in the
individual distributions. Longstanding incorrect results in entropy
and higher moments, skew and kurtosis are or will be soon gone.
That was the last big gap in the cleanup of the stats.distributions
that was left.

(There are still 153 issues and PRs open for scipy.stats right now.
So, we won't run out of work anytime soon. :)

Josef