[SciPy-Dev] Scipy 1.0 roadmap

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn@astro.uio...
Tue Sep 24 15:33:06 CDT 2013

[Forwarding from Martin who's not subscribed.]

Hi all!

 > It seems to me all the FORTRAN code there is plain vanilla Netlib
FFTPACK; the
 > extra ND and convolutions etc. are in C?
 >
 > But indeed, seems like Martin's C port doesn't include the DCT and
DST parts of
 > FFTPACK, only complex and real FFT. That makes it not completely
trivial, but I
 > wouldn't say "significant rewrite" is accurate either, it's just
about making
 > the C port of FFTPACK complete.
 >
 > Martin (on CC), how long did it take to port the complex/real FFTs
from Fortran
 > to C?

Difficult to say, I spent much more time tweaking and polishing the code
after
porting, and I also had a template C implementation to begin with ...

But please have a look at http://www.netlib.org/fftpack/fft.c
This is a C port by Christopher Montgomery (of Ogg Vorbis/Opus fame),
which he
put into public domain. This file should have DCTs/DSTs (single
precision only,
but changing that should be trivial).

Hope this helps,
   Martin