[SciPy-Dev] 1.0 roadmap: weave

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Sep 25 14:23:25 CDT 2013

Hi,

25.09.2013 19:18, Arnd Baecker kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Let me just mention that I am worried about the removal of weave:
> a substantial amount of code developed in our group over the years
> uses weave. Porting this to cython seems not trivial,
> in particular, because many of the original authors
> (diploma students, PhD students, ...) have left academia by now.

Note that weave is not going to vanish even if it happens that nobody
steps up and it's removed from Scipy. Rather, it will simply be split
out to a separate Python package --- which however will likely not
receive further attention from our side.

In your own code, it should then be enough to change

	import scipy.weave

to something like

	import weave

and make sure the `weave` package is installed locally.

--
Pauli Virtanen