[SciPy-Dev] 1.0 roadmap: weave

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Sep 26 07:05:06 CDT 2013

Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker <at> web.de> writes:
[clip]
> Of course I do understand the reasons to deprecate weave.
> Personally, I only use cython for new code and Numba looks
> extremely promising. So surely the question is, whether porting weave is
> worth the needed effort (as I said, I have no idea how much work is
> necessary for this).

If you drop support for some features that relate to stuff in which
the C API changed a lot in Python 3, such as passing in file pointers,
porting weave to Python 3 is probably doable without too much trouble.

Getting the basics working in my estimation is not hard, the trouble
is in the corners.

--
Pauli Virtanen