[SciPy-Dev] 1.0 roadmap: weave

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Sep 26 07:09:55 CDT 2013

Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker <at> web.de> writes:
[clip]
> Finally, to answer Roberts question whether I could volunteer
> to maintain weave as a separate package:
> not sure - maybe with some helping hands (currently I have no clue what
> this would require) it might be possible.
> The important aspect is the long term perspective:
> How many people would be interested in this and maybe even in a python 3
> port and actively use weave also for new code, or
> is the general impression, that the more modern tools (cython, ...)
> should be used?

Also, let's say that if someone with personal interest in keeping
it working addresses the issues within the next few years, then
the pressure of splitting it out decreases quite a lot.

In the big picture, weave is relatively "mature" code base, and
keeping it working is probably not too big apart from the Py3 port.

--
Pauli Virtanen