[SciPy-user] issues with distributing Numeric separately on windows

eric eric at scipy.org
Fri Apr 5 10:03:43 CST 2002

Well, Travis O. knows Numeric inside-out and found a solution that puts the
whole question to rest.  It turns out only a few functions were calling from
Numeric extensions into fastumath.  Travis just copied these over to fastumath
and now everything works fine no matter how Numeric was compiled.

So, it looks like Numeric doesn't have to be bundled with SciPy on any platform
now.

Thanks Travis.  One down, several to go.

regards,
eric