[SciPy-user] Matlab function cumtrapz

Jochen Küpper jochen at unc.edu
Tue Aug 13 10:46:36 CDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:01:12 +0200 Nils Wagner wrote:

Nils> I am also looking for the Matlab function cumtrapz.  Is there
Nils> such a thing in scipy ?

You could look at the documentation:

,----[pydoc scipy.integrate]
| Python Library Documentation: package scipy.integrate in scipy
|
| NAME
|     scipy.integrate - Methods for Integrating Functions given function object.
|
| FILE
|     /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/integrate/__init__.py
|
| DESCRIPTION
|       quad          -- General purpose integration.
|       dblquad       -- General purpose double integration.
|       tplquad       -- General purpose triple integration.
|       fixed_quad    -- Integrate func(x) using Gaussian quadrature of order n.
|       quadrature    -- Integrate with given tolerance using Gaussian quadrature.
|       romberg       -- Integrate func using Romberg integration.
|
|     Methods for Integrating Functions given fixed samples.
|
|       trapz         -- Use trapezoidal rule to compute integral of sampled function
|       simps         -- Use Simpson's rule to compute integral from samples.
|       romb          -- Use Romberg Integration to compute integral from
|                        (2**k + 1) evenly-spaced samples.
|
|       See the special module (special.orthogonal) for Gaussian
|          quadrature roots and weights for other weighting factors and regions.
|
|     Interface to numerical integrators of ODE systems.
|
|       odeint        -- General integration of ordinary differential equations.
|       ode           -- Integrate ODE using vode routine.
[...]
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
--
University of North Carolina                       phone: +1-919-962-4403
Department of Chemistry                            phone: +1-919-962-1579