[SciPy-user] ImportError: No module named fastumath

bryan cole bryan.cole at teraview.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 04:58:30 CDT 2002

I've just run up against the "no module fastumath" problem.

Moving the working directory back to my home directory didn't fix this,
because I had checked out the scipy module from CVS into my home
directory, which creates a "scipy" subdirectory automatically. Thus
python was searching my CVS-tree from the modules.

Trivial solution: move the scipy CVS directory out of my home/working
directory.

Ideally the CVS module name would be different from the python module
name. Can you change CVS module names without messing things up (to
Scipy instead of scipy, for example)?

Bryan