[SciPy-user] ImportError: No module named fastumath

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu Aug 15 06:52:14 CDT 2002

On 15 Aug 2002, bryan cole wrote:

> I've just run up against the "no module fastumath" problem.
>
> Moving the working directory back to my home directory didn't fix this,
> because I had checked out the scipy module from CVS into my home
> directory, which creates a "scipy" subdirectory automatically. Thus
> python was searching my CVS-tree from the modules.
>
> Trivial solution: move the scipy CVS directory out of my home/working
> directory.
>
> Ideally the CVS module name would be different from the python module
> name.
> Can you change CVS module names without messing things up (to
> Scipy instead of scipy, for example)?

Why don't you rename it yourself? After

  cvs -d ... checkout scipy

do

  mv scipy scipy_cvs

and the problem is solved (you can then do 'cvs update' inside
scipy_cvs, for instance). It would be much more difficult to change the
name in the CVS server and, personally, I don't see any point in that.

Btw, I keep all CVS versions of various software in one directory named as
`cvs'. I never use python in that directory which avoids messing things
up.

Regards,
	Pearu