[SciPy-user] clapack--installation problem

Giovanni Montana gmontana at genetics.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 20 13:38:52 CDT 2002

> Looks almost good. Except because /usr/lib appears first, scipy will be
> linked against /usr/lib/liblapack.a and that will cause the import errors
> that you get, I believe. Try to get rid of /usr/lib part (I'll try to
> fix it also in scipy_distutils so that it automatically uses lapack only
> from ATLAS lib).

yes, I changed that too so as to use the right directories only:

atlas_info:
 FOUND:
   libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
   library_dirs = ['/home/strbr/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2_2']

blas_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']

lapack_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['lapack']
    library_dirs = ['/home/strbr/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2_2']

However, I still get the error message.

> See above the atlas_info part. Also when building, pay attention that the
> wrong lapack library (in /usr/lib) will not be used when linking
> clapack.so

clapack.so has been built this time (in build/.../scipy/linalg/), but still I
coudn't import it. So I guess thw wrong path was used when linking it? I
tried to run setup_linalg.py and I get:

atlas_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

setup_linalg.py:39: UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.

but both things (site.cfg and ATLAS var) are correct...

Giovanni