[SciPy-user] Problems during build

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu Feb 21 08:37:18 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Nils Wagner wrote:

> ValueError: Atlas libraries not found.  Either install them in
> /usr/lib/atlas or /usr/local/lib/atlas and re
> try setup.py, or edit setup.py to specify your own blas and lapack
> directories and libs
>
> How can I specify the blas/lapack/atlas directories and libs in setup.py
> ?

Currently you have to edit /scipy_distutils/atlas_info.py file where in
the header write:
 library_path = ['/usr/lib']

You may also want to check out what follows in that file in order to make
other adjustments for your atlas setup.

Btw, you'll need also
  f77blas and cblas
libraries. I didn't notice these ones from your library listing.

Pearu