[SciPy-user] Latest CVS - import scipy fails --> ATLAS

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Wed Feb 27 03:48:01 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Nils Wagner wrote:

> What shall I use for <your LAPACK lib & path> ?

Use liblapack.a

> Finally the libraries this process created should be copied to /usr/lib.
> Is that o.k. ?

I think if you copy the new  liblapack.a to /usr/lib, then building other
programs that use lapack, must be linked also against atlas. I am not sure
that this will cause trouble in future or not, but you can leave the old
liblapack.a in /usr/lib and copy all atlas libraries and the new
liblapack.a to /usr/local/atlas.

Pearu