[SciPy-user] optimize.minpack.error?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Thu Feb 28 14:28:13 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, John J. Lee wrote:
> > The minpack.error Exception seems to be impossible to get at (scipy 0.1,
> > but latest CVS minpackmodule.c seems similar at least).
[...PyErr_NewException...]
> It is described here
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/exceptionHandling.html#l2h-95

Thanks -- actually I had already found the description of the function,
but didn't know quite what the meaning of the module bit of the name arg
was: I couldn't tell (without first reading up on the import system)
whether this call is sufficient to be able to import the Exception from
another module.

> But I don't understand what you are getting at. Do you want minpack.error
> Exception arised in your app or what?

The minpack module throws minpack.error, and I need to catch it.  I
couldn't import it from minpack or _minpack.  How do I get at it?

> Note that calling minpack functions may fail with exceptions, not just
> minpack.error.

Yes, I realise that.

John