[SciPy-user] Darwin install prob - how to specify temp dir names?

Andrew Straw andrew.straw at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jul 31 00:28:41 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 02:17 PM, Gavin Huttley wrote:

> This suggest simply inserting an '_' in the dirs generated by the
> install
> script should solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how I might do this?

Hi Gavin,

If you modify distutils in the following way, this should do the trick
for you!

diff -r Python-2.2.1/Lib/distutils/util.py
Python-2.2.1-andrew/Lib/distutils/util.py
71c71,72
<     return "%s-%s-%s" % (osname, release, machine)
---
 >     return string.replace("%s-%s-%s" % (osname, release,
machine),' ','_')

Cheers!
Andrew
Andrew Straw
Ph.D. student -- Department of Physiology, University of Adelaide,
Australia
Developer -- The Vision Egg -- http://www.visionegg.org/
andrew.straw at adelaide.edu.au