[SciPy-user] installation problem w/ scipy 0.2: flbas.so has undefined symbol srotmg_

David Marimont marimont at nxpdata.com
Mon Jun 3 09:59:12 CDT 2002

Hmm... I did install ATLAS, and SciPy claimed it had found the libraries
when I built it.  But I may have installed ATLAS incorrectly -- I built
it in /usr/local/src, and the installation step didn't put the ATLAS
libraries in any of the usual places, so I just moved them manually to
/usr/local/lib.  (As you may have already guessed, I'm not a pro at
this sort of thing.)  Was there more I needed to do to complete the
installation?  Usually configure, build, install ends up putting the
libraries someplace reasonable, so I was at something of a loss when
the ATLAS install left them in /usr/local/src/.

   David