[SciPy-user] installation problem w/ scipy 0.2: flbas.so has undefined symbol srotmg_

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Jun 3 10:15:07 CDT 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, David Marimont wrote:

> Hmm... I did install ATLAS, and SciPy claimed it had found the libraries
> when I built it.  But I may have installed ATLAS incorrectly -- I built
> it in /usr/local/src, and the installation step didn't put the ATLAS
> libraries in any of the usual places, so I just moved them manually to
> /usr/local/lib.  (As you may have already guessed, I'm not a pro at
> this sort of thing.)  Was there more I needed to do to complete the
> installation?  Usually configure, build, install ends up putting the
> libraries someplace reasonable, so I was at something of a loss when
> the ATLAS install left them in /usr/local/src/.

What is the output of

  python scipy_distutils/system_info.py

?
Note that you can use ATLAS environment variable to indicate the location
of atlas libraries. It is assumed that the corresponding directory will
contain the following libraries:

  lapack f77blas cblas atlas

where the lapack library *must* be also complete. See

  http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/errata.html#completelp

Pearu