[SciPy-user] installation problem w/ scipy 0.2: flbas.so has undefined symbol srotmg_

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Jun 3 10:46:43 CDT 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, David Marimont wrote:

> Here's what system_info.py tells me:
>

> atlas_info:
>    FOUND:
>      libraries = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas']
>      library_dirs = ['/usr/local/lib']

This looks OK and SciPy should use it.

> > Note that you can use ATLAS environment variable to indicate the location
> > of atlas libraries. It is assumed that the corresponding directory will
> > contain the following libraries:
> >
> >   lapack f77blas cblas atlas
> >
> > where the lapack library *must* be also complete. See
> >
> >   http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/errata.html#completelp
> >

> Can you tell from the lapack info above whether my lapack library is
> complete?

Not directly. `ls -l /usr/local/lib/libatlas.a' would be more informative
(the size of libatlas.a should be about 5.8MB) but since you are asking,
I conclude that your lapack library is not complete.

A good place to copy the atlas libraries would be /usr/local/lib/atlas
where SciPy also looks for.

> If not, I'll go ahead and do what the "completelp" URL says to do.

Go ahead.

> This is all pretty complicated!  Thanks a lot for your help.

Yes, but hopefully you'll need to do that only once ;-)

Pearu