[SciPy-user] Linear filter

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Mar 5 23:29:06 CST 2002

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 12:23 am, you wrote:
> I recently downloaded SciPy-0.1, which I found very interesting. As I
> work with signal processing simulations, I tried the linear filter.
> However, there seems to be something wrong either with the filter or
> my way of using it. I tried the same simple calculations in Matlab as
> well and got the results I expected. I would appreciate your comments.

You have found a bug in the multi-dimensional support in linear_filter.  It
has not been tested in some time and perhaps some of the changes to Python
have created this problem.

The filtering seems to work on one-dimensional arrays however.  The
N-dimensional looping seems to be broken, right now.

I will look into it.  Thank you for this report.

-Travis O.