[SciPy-user] Re: Problems with expm, expm2

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Mar 7 15:29:05 CST 2002

> Hi Travis,
>
> I have used a symmetric test matrix. It works fine.
> Therefore it seems to be a problem of non-symmetric matrices.
>
> What do you think ?

I think the problem is with linalg.  The new f2py messed up the interface
so that the lapack calls no longer work as expected.  In order to get them
to work, you have to transpose the data at the appropriate places.

So, of course, a symmetric matrix would not be affected by this error.

I'll try and fix those hot spots with a quick hack and then see if it works.

Again, I'm almost 100% positive that your problem is with the linalg
routines (solve in particular).

-Travis