[SciPy-user] vode.so: undefined symbol: f2py_report_on_exit

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Mar 25 11:07:32 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Nils Wagner wrote:

> After installing the latest SciPy via CVS this is what happens when
> I start a small test program for matrix functions
>
> >python
> Python 2.1.2 (#1, Feb 25 2002, 18:04:21)
> [GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)] on linux2
> /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/integrate/vode.so:
> undefined symbol: f2py_report_on_exit
> >>>

> Any idea ?

This bug occured when one of the SciPy modules disabled
f2py_report_at_exit feature but it remained in others. Since all modules
use the same fortranobject.o, where symbol f2py_report_on_exit should be
defined (but after the disable it is not there), then you'll get this
undefined symbol error for modules that have the f2py_report_at_exit
enabled.

As a fix, get the latest f2py from its CVS (that has f2py_report_at_exit
feature disabled by default, I'll make new snapshot available this
evening) and rebuild all extension modules (removing the build/ directory
is the best thing to do in this situation).

Regards,
	Pearu