[SciPy-user] Test cases for expm

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 26 05:20:06 CST 2002

Travis Oliphant schrieb:

> The test cases Nils posted recently work fine for me.
>
> As expected expm2 does not work well (nor does funm) for the badly
> conditioned matrix obtained during that computation.
>
> expm and expm3 agree and look good.
>
> Thanks for the tests.
>
> If you are still having trouble, consider removing the build directory and
> starting again.
>
> The error Nils showed was fixed only a few hours ago, and so you should
> update your CVS copy.
>
> -Travis

Travis,

I have updated both my CVS copy of scipy and ATLAS atlas3.2.1 -->
atlas3.3.13

This is the result of python exptest.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "exptest.py", line 1, in ?
    from scipy import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/__init__.py", line
72, in ?
    names2all(__all__, _level0, globals())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/__init__.py", line
37, in names2all
    exec("import %s" % name, gldict)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/basic.py", line 25,
in ?
    cast = {Numeric.Character: toChar,
AttributeError: 'Numeric' module has no attribute 'Character'

Any idea ?

Nils

.