[SciPy-user] Scipy for Python 2.3?

Simon Duane simon.duane at npl.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 15:08:23 CST 2003

I run Python 2.3.2 (with Numeric, wxPython and assorted other packages)
on Win2k and would like to install SciPy. However, I find that the SciPy
installer demands python 2.2 (though I think I read somewhere the
assertion that it is compatible with 2.3). Is there any plan to make a
windows binary package of SciPy that will install on top of Python 2.3?

I would hesitate before switching to Enthought's Python 2.x for Windows
(which has SciPy, but lots more that I have no immediate need for),
feeling more comfortable with the one I download from python.org.

Thanks
Simon

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Teddington, Middlesex, United Kingdom TW11 0LW.