[SciPy-user] Alternative to NumTut's view() function?

Prabhu Ramachandran scipy-user@scipy.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:02:08 +0530

Hi,

[snip]

    FP> At any rate, I wonder if as part of scipy there is anything
    FP> with similar functionality.  view() allows one to view 2-d
    FP> arrays as images, in either grayscale or color.  Since I don't
    FP> have high hopes for anyone fixing view(), and I'm switching to
    FP> scipy for all my work, I'd be happy to go with a scipy-based
    FP> alternative if one exists.

Well, you could do it with MayaVi.  I have a mayamat module on my
system that I use to sample functions of the form z = F(x,y) and plot
them using MayaVi and pyVTK.  It should be easy to view any 2d array
using this.

If folks are interested I'll put it up for download sometime this
weekend.

cheers,
prabhu