[SciPy-user] Alternative to NumTut's view() function

Karthikesh Raju scipy-user@scipy.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:26:37 +0200

Hi All,

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Mark Shure wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also found the NumTut view() function very useful but problematic. I now use "scipy.pilutil.imshow", which uses the PIL.
>
> There are other very useful image manipulation functions in the "scipy.pilutil" module which work on Numeric arrays. These were mentioned by Travis Oliphant on this mailing list back in December (a belated thanks, Travis!).

i tried to use it. It says xv not found. How should set the default
viewer, as i do have xview, just that it is called xview not xv.

Searched the web, not with much success, is there some variable that can
be set to the viewer of choice.

Best regards
karthik