[SciPy-user] Alternative to NumTut's view() function?

Karthikesh Raju scipy-user@scipy.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:22:39 +0200

Hi

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Fernando Perez wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, David Ascher wrote:
>
> > Fernando -- could you submit view.py as a patch on the numeric project?
> >  It should be considered as a replacement for the existing view.py.
>
> Well, keep in mind that I stripped _all_ the things I didn't understand from
> that code (PIL, threading, Windows support, etc).  So it may be that now it
> only works on _my_ computer.  It was as simple-minded a job as I could
> possibly do to make it work.  So I'm a bit hesitant.  But if at least you or
> someone else can confirm that it works for them (someone with Windows would be
> great to hear from), then sure, I can send it in to the Numpy folks.  Worst
> that can happen is that they say no :)

It did work. i tried it on my linux and sgi machines at work. i havent
tried it on my home computer though. The slowing down was not present,
looks like it does work.

Best regards
karthik