[SciPy-user] using scipy.plt

Mark Bakker scipy-user@scipy.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:39:23 -0500

Hello -

I am using scipy.plt from within PyShell and have 2 questions:

Why doesn't it work in IDLE?

After I close a window, I don't seem to be able to plot anything
anymore. Here is my error message when I try. Any thoughts?

from scipy import plt

plt.plot([1,2,3,4],[4,3,5,2])
<C wxFrame instance at _117cdc0_wxFrame_p>

plt.close()

plt.plot([1,2,3,4],[4,3,5,2])
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<input>", line 1, in ?
   File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON22\Lib\site-packages\scipy\plt\interface.py",
line 459, in plot
     if not _active.hold in ['on','yes']:
   File "C:\Program Files\Python22\lib\site-packages\wxPython\wx.py",
line 1677, in __getattr__
     raise wxPyDeadObjectError( self.attrStr % self._name )
wxPyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the plot_frame object has been
deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.

Thanks,
Mark