[SciPy-user] optimize.leastsq fit errors?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 19 03:50:31 CDT 2004

Gary Ruben wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> I seem to remember you offered this for integration into scipy a while back and it was put on the backburner for some reason. Licensing or something? If my memory is correct, I'd just like to say to the scipy overlords that I think it would be nice to see it integrated.
> Gary

There was a feeling that, at least, integration should wait until the
next point release. There was also some concern about maintenance of my
handwritten wrappers as opposed to f2py wrappers. I think I know how to
do the right thing with regard to an f2py wrapper of it now, so when I
get a free weekend[1], I'll make an attempt. Licensing isn't a problem:
everything is public domain. Oh, and it needs unittests. The ad-hoc
tests I have aren't going to cut it.

[1] To be fair, most of my weekends actually *are* free, but I live next
to the beach now, and I have my priorities.  :-)

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter