[SciPy-user] Instructions for installing SciPy on OSX

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Mon Apr 26 11:40:41 CDT 2004

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Janet,
>
> I have a couple of corrections for the OSX install instructions for
> SciPy, based on feedback from users. I would make these changes
> myself, but I do not seem to have edit permissions for the file now
> that it is published.

I think this has something to do with Zope/Plone's workflow.  I haven't
played with this much, but perhaps you have to retract it before editing
it again?

Anyway, this all seems to restrictive to me -- I think Plone's has a
heavier duty workflow control "out of the box" than SciPy actually
needs.  Once something is published, the original author should
certainly be able to edit it.  Heck, I would really rather not have any
central control for marking documents "published".  Once an author is
ready, they should be able to make it world visible.

What are the chances for misuse here?  We just don't want someone coming
along and putting a lot of crass material up on the site.  I don't see
that as a major possibilty (am I wrong?), so lets figure out how to open
up the publishing priveledges a lot more.

thanks,
eric