[SciPy-user] Re: xplt documentation

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Apr 30 01:41:43 CDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Nadav Horesh wrote:

[...]

> Thank you for the references.. The problem with the need to loop over
> xplt.pyg_pending(), is
> specific to IDLE.

Hmm - you did not mention IDLE in your original post - did you ? ;-)
A year ago or so we evaluated several of the interactive
shells and because of what you observed we had to leave IDLE
aside (in addition to the fact that several copies of IDLE
could not run simultantiously one one linux box ...).
So I am happy to hear that there is a work-around ;-)

> The problem with plt and xplt is that they don't leave
> happily with IDLE, which
> is my favorite (I have experience with with pycrust and Ipython). Is
> there any workaround
> or this is a fundamental issue of Tkinter?

I don't know - maybe there is a way to do this
(maybe you will find something under `gui_thread` or
in the context of matplotlib, http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
where the use of plotting packages from the interactive
prompt is discussed (though I don't remember that
IDLE was mentioned there)

Good luck,

Arnd