[SciPy-user] pyPlot.py vs. Gnuplot.py

Matt Kubilus matttdl at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:19:20 CDT 2004

Another new user commenting.

I found that pyPlot was less reliable than gnuplot and had less features.

For instance, with the wx based pyPlot, once I closed a window with a plot
in my wx based application, I could no longer open the graph.  The C object
has already been destroyed was the error in a nut shell.  Restarting the
application was the only workaround.  Has anyone else ran into, fixed a
similar problem.

Gnuplot is also able to do interesting things like 3d plots (not necessary
for what I use it for)

I use this in a manufacturing/data gathering setting.

--Matt Kubilus