[SciPy-user] Re: plot_func

Matt Kubilus matttdl at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:15:10 CDT 2004

Looking at the gplt modules, it appears that the necessary function to send
commands directly is a hidden function.

I ended up needing to use scipy.gplt with time series data that I was
logging.  There doesn't appear to be a way to do this (Gnuplot can,
scipy.gplt makes this not possible)  so anyways, I hacked into the pyPlot.py
module and added a function that essentially just sends a command to the
hidden function that actually calls the plotting routines.  This allowed me
to use the full functionality of gnuplot which can to way more than just
what scipy.gplt does.

If anyone is interested, I can post the actual code changes.

--Matt Kubilus